Monday, September 12, 2011

White Blood Cells & White T-Shirts

Long chemo day today, but got some really good news. My white blood cell count has gone back up thanks to my neupogen shots, so today it was the full-on, no holds barred chemo dose, which is what we want. I got to see Dr. Eisenberg today too, who is not only a brilliant and kind oncologist, but a Wade Thomas parent. I’m in great hands.

On Saturday, September 17, a group of my amazing friends and I are walking the Dipsea Hike/Run Lite 2011. OK, I’m walking, some of my friends are running. The Hike/Run is to benefit Zero Breast Cancer—a nonprofit organization working to find the causes of breast cancer through including community in the research process.

To mentally prepare for our hike, Toni organized us all into a hard-core T-shirt decorating contingent, and this past Saturday at Patty’s we hit those white tees hard. The top picture is one of the finished products, the bottom picture is right before things got ugly and I had to turn off the camera.





Thank you Toni, Patty, Christina, Lisa, Robyn, Robin, Kristin, Diane, and Katie for decorating those shirts to within an inch of their lives!! The ten of us will be joined by eight more fierce women on Saturday.  If you can’t make the hike, and are wondering how to participate—here is the link to our fund-raising page:.  Thank you for all of your support!

4 comments:

  1. I love this "fierce" group of women you have surrounding you. AND they drink wine! At least some of them! TFGfF! Did you get that? Tine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad here. Thanks to all of the 18 fierce women on Team Margie. Have a great hike. 'Tine..I am sure Margie gets " TFGfF "...I don't, but that is probably good ! Margie, we are all so pleased your Chemo is working..TG !
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may just have to decorate a shirt here at home ;-) Sounds like an awesome event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill, Thank F-ing God for Friends! Not very clever - but TRUE! xoxo

    ReplyDelete