Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Can’t Reach Crate

  

Here is Josie after a walk, feeling so tired that she just couldn’t reach her crate before passing out. I love this picture because it really shows how exhaustion can hit fast and hard, and it’s exactly how chemo hits me sometimes.

This week my Can’t Reach Crate moment was Monday afternoon, a few hours after my long chemo session was done. I was sitting on the couch, and had the sudden realization that I had absolutely no energy to do anything but, well, sit on the couch. I was supposed to take Alice to soccer in less than an hour, Chris was planning on going out on a run and I was doing my best to gear up and leave the couch. It was painfully difficult to imagine.

Fortunately for me, I have an amazing husband. He took one look at me when he got home, cancelled his run, took Alice to soccer, and when he got home, served me homemade soup. All better!

Tomorrow is my last chemo session of Cycle 2. Four more cycles to go. So, 1/3 of the way there, with a week off next week. Awesome feeling.

5 comments:

  1. Dad here. Thanks Chris. Thanks Margie for your humor and inspiration. Glad you are a third of the way along. having some "Oregon rain" today, after several days of "Marin County sun".
    Joe is proud of his "Team Margie" wrist band.
    I have heard him explain it to several people.
    One employee here asked him : " Why does it say :
    "You Go Girl" on your wrist band ?" Joe explained.
    Alice with her soccer, and Elsa with her ballet..
    are keeping you and Chris busy !
    Have "fun" today in your brief Chemo session.
    Love and pride...Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margie...as Joe would say : TGIAFF.
    Dad xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give that darling husband a smooch for me. You sure got a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs to you Margie!!! Thinking of you in Cupertino. That Josie sure is a cutie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margie,
    Great news about the blood cells... Good for Chris for being such a wonderful husband. Please remember that you can always call Ched and me if you need help.

    ReplyDelete