Friday, September 9, 2011

F!

Every Friday, my brother Joe and I text each other a message that contains some version of “TGIF”. Sometimes it’s just that: TGIF! Sometimes it’s TGIFF! (Family blog here, but you can figure out what the F stands for, right?) Sometimes it’s TFGIFF! And sometimes its just F! We’ve never formally defined what each variation means, but our unspoken understanding is that when it’s F!, you are really, really glad its Friday. That is how I feel today.

Long week of fitting in school, two Back to School nights (one for the girls, one for Chris), work, and of course chemo. Some draggy spells here and there—but that is to be expected. I feel great now and have a lot to look forward to this weekend: Alice’s first soccer game, a t-shirt party (more on that Monday), and time with Chris, the girls and Josie.



The view above is actually my view from the lounger today—Mt. Tam, and yes that is a hummingbird feeder and I did see hummingbirds today.

F! everyone!!

4 comments:

  1. TFGIFF! That's exactly how I feel. It's been a long week (minus chemo of course). And I am so glad there are actually hummingbirds at the feeder because that would be super depressing - "it sucks that I'm sitting here in this LOUNGER and there aren't even any hummingbirds!"

    Love you, Tine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad here...Hi Margie. So nice to read your posts...thanks .
    Love your "captions"..."Baldy.." was great !
    Thanks to juanita,jackie, reggie and christine for their posts.
    TGFM....thanks for Margie.
    I remember we had 4 Back to School Nights on the same evening when you were in school.
    Mom and i look forward to Back to Elsa and Alice
    Night...coming soon...and to see you n Chris
    and to meet Josie.
    Weather back here in upstate NY is clearing up a bit...many people still with flooded homes. Yuk !
    I know you care that the football Ducks won their football game yesterday. lol
    Had to get Joe a new cell phone yesterday as his power switch failed..not a fun experience...oh well.
    Get rest and have fun ! xxoo dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad here...have a great day Margie. I know you will do well today in Chemo. You are amazing.
    Dad xxoo

    ReplyDelete