Monday, October 31, 2011

Sugar Fiends of the World! Unite and Take Over!

Four days into a ten-day stretch of no chemo. Love it. Today I rallied myself to class at TJ’s and felt pretty good for about 10 minutes, then Toni notified me that I was turning green, and good friend and coach that she is, she side-lined me “until you lose that color on your face”. I don’t know if it’s the chemo, the fact that I’m just out of shape now, or this, which we all had a big piece of last night:



Elsa decided that she wanted to make a cake ALL by herself this weekend, so that is what happened. There were some tense moments over Alice’s involvement, and after some tears (Alice) and pouting (Elsa) and savvy negotiating (me), Elsa relented and allowed Alice to make the frosting. Both cake and frosting were delicious--nice work girls.

Who makes a three-layer chocolate cake the night before Halloween? We do!!

Boo to all--and Happy Halloween!!

3 comments:

  1. That cake was more than delicious, it was scrumdiddlyumptious! I think Margie has some competition in the future Simenstad bake-offs. Hats off to Elsa for the best chocolate cake I have had in years, and to Alice for icing that rivals my favorite dark chocolate bars. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope another one can be baked some time when Grandma and i visit ! mmmmm

    ReplyDelete