Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just Me & My JPs

Chris returned to work Thursday after an almost two-week stint of round-the-clock care of the girls and I. I required a lot more attention than Elsa and Alice for sure and Chris handled all of his responsibilities beautifully. I’m not surprised--as the nurse in Dr. D’Amore’s office said this week, “I can tell that your husband is a very competent person”. Yes he is, but we’ve known that for a long time.



Fortunately, I had lots of company after Chris went back to work. Jackie (who is in the picture above with her lovely family) came down from Oregon to see me, Arbella (cancer-free for two years, and my beacon through so much of the past six months) and Kristin all came by with food and presents and sat down with me for some much needed chit-chat. We also had a constant stream of meals from our dear Wade Thomas friends—every night someone new showed up on our doorstep with bags of food. Thank you everyone!!

So, having passed the test of those first two days without Chris, I’m quickly returning to normal which feels great. I walked the girls to school last week, and started driving yesterday (hooray!). On Monday I’ll get my JP drains out. These little suckers are supremely annoying as anyone who has had surgery can attest. We are all counting the hours until Monday’s appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment