Friday, November 25, 2011

Glass > 50% Full

While talking with a friend this week that I hadn’t seen in awhile, I told her how lucky I was. She laughed a little at the word lucky. I can’t say I blame her-from the outside my situation may be viewed as quite unlucky.

But I do feel lucky pretty much every hour of every day. My very aggressive cancer was caught early, I am cared for by some of the best doctors in the country, and my tumor is all but gone. I am surrounded by family and friends that do not let me out of their sight for a minute, and continue to support me in more ways than I can count. So,  yes, I have breast cancer, and yes chemo is really hard, and yes I have to have surgery pretty soon, likely to be followed by radiation, and I will probably have to think about cancer for the rest of my life. But weighed against the other things I have, I’m one lucky, and thankful, woman this year.

Here is our day yesterday—started with a walk with the girls and Josie in the morning, ended with a fabulous dinner at Susie and John’s in the evening. Thanksgiving indeed.




1 comment:

  1. Dad here...Margie...you are amazing.
    Mom and I will see you soon.
    Love to all of your family and friends.
    With gratitude and thanksgiving....dad

    ReplyDelete