Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One Year + 5 Days






“On July 25, 2011, I was diagnosed with triple-negative breast cancer.  With no known family history, my age (46) and my healthy lifestyle, this came as an enormous shock. As Chris and I began to share this news, we were bowled over by the kindness and support of our family and friends.  To help keep these amazing people updated on how we are doing, we have started this blog”.

That was me one year ago. I remember writing that paragraph very clearly-I was sitting in a house in Tahoe, trying to figure out how best to begin my journey into the world of cancer—both in the blog, and in my life. I had no idea what to expect, and looking back, it’s hard to believe what my family and I have been through in the past year.

Now, one year and five days after my diagnosis, I am once again sitting in a house at Tahoe. Chris and the girls are down at the beach while I wrap up a bit of work, and I will head down soon to join them. Our time here this year has been incredible-Tahoe is even more spectacular without the weight of a new cancer diagnosis.

We are sad to see our trip coming to a close, but know that we will be back next summer. Until then, these pictures will just have to tide us over until we can be here in person next year.











No comments:

Post a Comment