Friday, March 2, 2012

No More Than 33

Next week I meet with the team at Dr. Halberg’s office to do my radiation treatment planning. The week of March 12 I’ll start radiation. Dr. Halberg has promised that I will have no more than 33 radiation days, which works out to a maximum of 6 ½ weeks.  I can do anything 33 times.



If you are looking for a book full of compelling research and great stories illustrating the power of a community….look no further than here. My friend Allison Belger has written an amazing book showing how much our physical and mental well-being benefits from connection to a community. I can vouch for this first-hand as I have had unbelievable support from my community throughout my treatment for breast cancer. (Full disclosure here—I'm honored that Allison considered my story worthy of inclusion in her book. When you buy it, its at about the 60 page mark).

F all!!

3 comments:

  1. Dad here...I will read the book...and you continue to inspire us. Thanks to everyone for supporting lovely Margie and her wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to read it too! Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Patty Wells
    Happy Birthday, Alice from "Patty" at the Preschool! 7 years old...
    YOU are so inspiring, Margie, and I just read this as you are going to be "finished" on Monday.
    Love to all of you
    Patty

    ReplyDelete